Dear Daily Planner,
It appears things have become a little disorganized in my office of late. I know there are many good reasons for this myriad of messiness but I still don’t like it. I don’t think clearly. I waste time.
But here is what I do know…
The piles are the result of the “Drop and Go” lifestyle that I currently lead. I don’t like the “Drop” part but the “Go” part is kind of neat. It means I am busy…busy learning…busy earning…busy reinforcing really good relationships
If I live a PERFECTLY neat and orderly life, I will miss out on some of the joys messiness can bring…the creativity that sometimes evolves out of chaos
I know these paper piles are temporary and they do not represent a fall of grace from my Organized Self. I will now SCHEDULE time to organize, take a deep breath and get back on track…
Disorganized Self (but just temporarily)
- Make realistic goals when organizing your home or office
- Prioritize…everything cannot be accomplished at the same time.
- Don’t beat yourself up thinking YOU are the only one on the planet that is disorganized. Forgive yourself and move on in a positive direction
- Organizing is not just about cool products…its about carving out time and creating customized systems that work.
- Organizing is NOT about achieving perfection. It’s about living a manageable life.
So about that Christmas wreath on my door in March? I will take it down this weekend…because it has NOW bubbled up to the top of my priority list!
Langton Designs creates offices that work well and feel right.